Board index Joy of Satan for Animal Care Male cats and dry food.

Male cats and dry food.

Pet Care. Discussion of topics in relation to animals. Animal care information exchange/support. Support for Animal Rights.

Lilith is the Patron Goddess for this group. She asked that this group be opened. Lilith loves animals and is very strong in support for ethical treatment of animals and for animal rights. All of our Gods love animals, and many have chosen certain animals as their symbol to represent them, such as Satan, the peacock, the serpent; Lilith, the owl; Horus, the falcon; Anubis, the jackal and dogs. Animals are sacred in Satanism.

This group is for Joy of Satan members who have pets, and who care for animals. Satanism is living in harmony with nature and having respect for other creatures that inhabit this planet, along with respect and care for the environment.

This is a support group for assisting with knowledge in regards to animal nutrition, proper care and for animal rights.

Post Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Hi, I'm posting this just to spread awareness about the dangers of feeding exclusively dry food to male cats. It can cause a urinary blockage, which is always fatal unless major work at the vet is done. Of course other factors can cause this issue as well. Feeding only dry (some say any at all) can exacerbate any other contributing factors. Some breeds are more susceptible than others. And I should mention female cats can have this happen too. It is just much more common in male cats. My opinion is that for more reasons than this, wet food should be fed only. But I make only suggestions. You decide. Please research this. May no more cats suffer for something that may be prevented easily.
Here is a link: http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/he ... -cats.aspx
"Der kostbarste Besitz auf dieser Welt aber ist das eigene Volk. Und fur dieses Volk und um dieses Volk wollen wir ringen und wollen wir kïmpfen.
Und niemals erlahmen.
Und niemals ermuden.
Und niemals verzagen.
Und niemals verzweifeln."-Adolf Hitler

YOU- Yeah, you reading this... Go do a reverse torah ritual.

Post Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:05 am

Thanks for the info. btw your name and this thread are very punny.
"To be afraid of ones creation is to fear imperfection."

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:58 pm

I've found a good way to get my male cat to drink more water: I put water in a small bowl of his dry food. He (and my female) drink the water up right away, my theory is that they like the dry-food flavor of the water. I give them a bowl of this every morning. I add more water than dry food, it's probably a 2:1 ratio.
The better and stronger my brethren are, the better and stronger our future:
http://www.josministries.prophpbb.com/post86525.html

Where there's a will, there's a way! You can have anything you want, just study and put the info on the JoS to practice:
www.joyofsatan.org

Post Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:46 am

Cats are accustomed naturally to obtaining their water from the meat they eat - obviously if you need to flavour the water for them to drink it then they naturally wouldn't be drinking it...

I know a TCM vet (who is qualified in both western veterinary science and traditional chinese medicine for animals) who says absolutely no to any kinds of carbohydrate being fed to cats because in nature they don't eat any whatsoever.
Aurelius Ophis

Return to Joy of Satan for Animal Care