Board index Joy of Satan for Animal Care Reiki for Pets

Reiki for Pets

Pet Care. Discussion of topics in relation to animals. Animal care information exchange/support. Support for Animal Rights.

Lilith is the Patron Goddess for this group. She asked that this group be opened. Lilith loves animals and is very strong in support for ethical treatment of animals and for animal rights. All of our Gods love animals, and many have chosen certain animals as their symbol to represent them, such as Satan, the peacock, the serpent; Lilith, the owl; Horus, the falcon; Anubis, the jackal and dogs. Animals are sacred in Satanism.

This group is for Joy of Satan members who have pets, and who care for animals. Satanism is living in harmony with nature and having respect for other creatures that inhabit this planet, along with respect and care for the environment.

This is a support group for assisting with knowledge in regards to animal nutrition, proper care and for animal rights.

Post Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:55 pm
Here is an interesting article:

http://www.petsadviser.com/pet-health/cats-and-reiki/

Healing the Inner Feline: Cats and Reiki
December 3, 2013 by T.J. Banks

Reiki may help cats relax. By: Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue
Sam and his buddy Webster had been passed around a bit.

So Burmese Rescue stepped in, and the two cats found themselves living with my friend Donna and her husband, Bill, who already had two show Burmese cats, Saba and Nevis.

Webster, a happy-go-lucky guy, fit right in. And so did Sam with the other cats, but he was skittish around people — especially women.

The man at one of their homes had taken care of them because his wife’s health problems were pretty severe. So Sam didn’t know how to interact with women, even with one like Donna who knew her Burmese.

We discussed the situation, and Donna wanted to try Reiki.

How Reiki Works
Reiki is a recognized form of energy-healing that came out of early 20th-century Japan courtesy of Dr. Mikao Usui. It is a holistic therapy that emphasizes the body-mind-spirit-heart connection and the need to bring those elements back into balance. It is also a complementary one and can be combined with surgery, medicine, acupuncture, chemotherapy or even psychotherapy.

It is now used in hospitals, cancer centers, and massage-therapy and wellness centers worldwide.

Many shelters have said it also works wonderfully with animals. “For high-strung or nervous animals, Reiki induces deep relaxation and stress reduction and, over time, can reduce the tendency toward nervousness,” say Elizabeth Fulton and Kathleen Prasad in their book Animal Reiki.

“Reiki is always safe and comfortable for both animal and healer,” they write. “It can be adapted to any problem that affects animals, so it can be used under any circumstances.”

Reiki and Cats
Cats are naturally sensitive to shifts in energy, to the vibrations of worlds seen and unseen. They enjoy Reiki — but on their own terms and usually at a distance to begin with.

A cat may come up to you at some point during a session and indicate that he’s okay with your touching a sore or uncomfortable spot. But it has to be the cat’s call, not yours. “When he doesn’t feel pressured or coerced,” Fulton and Prasad remark, “you’ll usually find that your cat quickly learns to enjoy and seek out Reiki healing.”

This video shows a cat during her first Reiki session:

Zorro, my 19-year-old Abyssinian cross, was not a particularly demonstrative cat, so I made a point of not touching him during our early sessions. As time went on, however, he would sometimes come over and bump his head against me when he felt the need for hands-on treatment.

If there are other felines in the household, you can include them all in the session. I have seen cats taking turns receiving Reiki. And when I gave Zorro his treatments, sometimes another cat would seemingly materialize out of nowhere, eager to get in on the act and soak up some of the Reiki energy herself.

Sam’s Treatment
In Sam’s case, I had to proceed slowly, starting with a half-hour session. He seemed comfortable with the Reiki – and so did Webster, Saba and Nevis. By the end of the session, all four Burmese were sitting atop the bookcase headboard on the waterbed, eyes closed, totally blessed out.

Our next session was very different. Sam was lying at the far end of the sofa. I sat down on the other end and began the session. He was even more open to the Reiki this time – in fact, he soon moved over to the cushion next to me.

His eyes gradually became less dilated, and he started purring. A couple of times, he even let me pet him lightly. He let me know that he was happy with Donna and Bill, but that he was frightened of having to leave this home just as he’d had to leave his others.

After that, Sam’s appetite picked up, and he started running up to greet me affectionately whenever I stopped by. And at his most recent session, he jumped right up on Donna’s lap, almost as if he knew this was supposed to be all about them.

Post Fri May 13, 2016 12:52 pm

I have used it on a horse with acute collic she was distressed, she had collapsed on the ground, the vet couldn't come. I gave her a beer as that often helps but I also started giving her energy and focussing it her body was tight so I sent it down through her head. I also asked the resident spirits and bush spirits for help since they seem to adore horses especially. A photo was taken after and she was back on her feet by then and doing better. We took a few pictures and there is a glowing orb on her head where my hand was and more around her body and in one pic a faded apparation of an older man by our front gate, its very faint but I could see him. She was fine after this and completely recovered. She liked it she started resting her huge head on me and nudging me for more any time she could lol. I must find the pics and post them it's very interesting to have such evidence. I am convinced some of the orbs were resident spirits who came around to help. I planted a special tree for the bush spirits years ago it has grown extremely fast much more than usual, it has a lovely enchanting feel around it very calm. It's a morton bay fig tree. They help sometimes so I felt planting a special tree was an approriate thing to do. Reiki can also work on plants.

Also used reiki on a cat, he had been sickly and sleeping a lot. He was enjoying it until I accidently gave him too much and I felt energy jolt from my hand and I guess it freaked him out because he leapt off my lap like a rocket but he was fine after that.

Hail Satan!

Return to Joy of Satan for Animal Care